Monday, July 11, 2011

For Perry, Another Promise Kept, Two Broken

I've found an article that pointed out some interesting views about Perry's promises called "For Perry, Another Promise Kept, Two Broken." This article tells the readers which promises he made before and which are kept and broken. There were three things he promised: tax promise, college tuition promise, and constituional amendment on taxes promise.

What really interested me was that the college tuition fee. I am an international student and has been paying incredible amount as tuition fees. To make this even worse, it has been increasing in a moderate ratio - now I've been paying 25%  extra than my freshman year. Unfortunately, he did not succeed to keep his promises. According to the article, he broke the college tuition promise and constituional amendment on taxes promise.

However, I can understand that the fact that he couldn't keep all his promises. I mean, doesn't it always happen? It's not like they can always do what they say promised before getting elected. This can get controversial - why would they even make promises if they think they can't keep them? But my point is that he tried at least. (Or did he try his best? I can't argue about that yet.) Maybe his capability was not enough to do what he wanted to.

P.S: Still quite sad about the tuition part, but if you think about the inflation rate (which is about 2~3% every year), increase in tuition fee is not easy to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment